Friday, August 7, 2009

Twitter DDoS Attack Still Affecting Some

Yesterday Twitter was down for a couple of hours due to a malicious cyber attack.
Video: Cyber attack takes Twitter offline ITN NEWS

But for some there may still be issues. I found yesterday that even after the attack had been thwarted I was still having intermittent troubles with accessing twitter. This is understandable since this is not a single computer issue, so I opted not to tweet for the day. This morning I found I have had no access at all from either of my two computers on my home network. The last posting to the Twitter status page states that "
some people may be unable to post or follow from the website".
http://status.twitter.com/

There is no new status posting today to state how long they feel some people will have issues so I don't know how long this will affect me, but if this is affecting you as well then at least you now know you are not alone.

Follow me on Twitter at barbstuhlemmer (as soon as I can tweet again).


1 comment:

CopySix said...

I personally find it rather interesting that such a (relatively new) social networking site as twitter can cause so much havoc when it goes down. I should think it speaks volumes as to the importance of this service not only as a place for friends to post updates but to business owners who use Twitter more as a enabling tool.